[Lazarus] [offtopic] Debugger is not working...

Martin Frb lazarus at mfriebe.de
Wed Dec 16 16:13:16 CET 2015

On 16/12/2015 10:41, William Ferreira wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I got a problem that seems more related to Windows than Lazarus itself.
>
> I simply can debug an application.
>
> I'm using a notebook that cames with Windows 8. I've updated to W8.1
> and to W10. After updating to W8.1, if I run a project via F9 key, I
> always get that message ('Hit stop and hope the best, we're pulling
> the plug', 'Failed to load application executable')
>
> I thought updating lazarus should help but I got no success.
>
> It heappens with all projects.
>
> Is there a way check what is heappening?

1) Antivirus. I ve seen it before, the AV removes the exe before it can
run. (some av do that without asking, even if they are set to ask
first). The list of AV is always changing, as they get updated and may
stop doing so.

2) Can you find and run the exe outside the IDE?

3) which lazarus? 1.4 (32bit ?).x or 1.6 (32 or 64 bit?)
For 1.4 (32 bit) try download the alternative gdb 7.7.1 from our
sourceforge site. 1.6 already has that.

4) name of directory in which you saved the project, and where the exe
is. For testing use a folder without spaces or accents.... (in the
entire path, so no "documents and settings". Use C:\mytest