[Lazarus] [offtopic] Debugger is not working...

William Ferreira williamoferreira at outlook.com
Wed Dec 16 19:16:42 CET 2015

1) Antivirus. I ve seen it before, the AV removes the exe before it
    can run. (some av do that without asking, even if they are set to
    ask first). The list of AV is always changing, as they get updated
    and may stop doing so.

I don't use antivirus, if you don't count WDefender as antivirus. As on W10 we can't let it disabled, so, now I use an antivirus.
Anyway, he isn't removing any file.

    2) Can you find and run the exe outside the IDE?

Yes, I'm using a lot of ShowMessage to debug...

    3) which lazarus? 1.4 (32bit ?).x or 1.6 (32 or 64 bit?)

    For 1.4 (32 bit) try download the alternative gdb 7.7.1 from our
    sourceforge site. 1.6 already has that.

It's heappening since 1.4.2. I always use 32bit. On Laz 1.6RC1 the problem still lives...

    4) name of directory in which you saved the project, and where the
    exe is. For testing use a folder without spaces or accents.... (in
    the entire path, so no "documents and settings". Use C:\mytest

Well, I'm thinking about special chars on path now. Old projects that has special chars on path worked fine on past but now they don't work. Spaces never was a problem, maybe now? Another thing to think about is that my projects are store on Onedrive's and Google Drive's folder.

William de Oliveira Ferreira

Programador Web/Desktop