[Lazarus] Error when installing project groups

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Fri Dec 18 18:14:36 CET 2015

On Fri, 18 Dec 2015, Mattias Gaertner wrote:

> On Thu, 17 Dec 2015 21:42:28 +0100 (CET)
> Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org> wrote:
>
>> [...]
>> I tried to install the lazprojectgroups package.
>> [...]
>>         if ContainerMenuIndex>ContainerMenuItem.Count then begin
>>            debugln('TIDEMenuSection.UpdateMenuStructure CREATE BottomSeparator Name="',Name,'" ContainerMenuIndex=',dbgs(ContainerMenuIndex),' ContainerMenuItem.Count=',dbgs(ContainerMenuItem.Count
>>            GetRoot.WriteDebugReport(' Bottom ',true);
>>          end;
>>
>> Looks strange, since if that happens, there is sure to be a crash with the
>> insert, but no action other than a debug message is posted ?
>
> It means there is an inconsistency. This should never happen.

"This should never happen".

Yes, many people scratched their heads over this idea at one point or another ;-)

Reminds me of the time a fellow programmer put a

MessageBox('The spaceship <yourcompanyname> is about to crash, hold on to your hat!');

in the code, being 100% sure it would never ever appear on screen. Till it did... :-)

>> What can I do to prevent this and yet have both packages installed?
>
> There is already a bug report
>
> I'm not yet sure where the real bug is.

Ahah. Anything we can do to help ?

Michael.