[Lazarus] Lazarus 1.4.4 fpc 3.0

Santiago A. svaa at ciberpiula.net
Thu Dec 24 12:31:09 CET 2015

El 24/12/2015 a las 12:00, Juha Manninen escribió:
> On Thu, Dec 24, 2015 at 11:21 AM, Santiago A. <svaa at ciberpiula.net> wrote:
>> Is it posible to use Lazarus 1.4.4 with fpc 3.0?
> Yes but why would you do that? Lazarus 1.6 is almost here.
> You may get problems with codepage aware strings when using Lazarus
> 1.4.4. Depends on use case of course.
>
> Juha

I am afraid of using Lazarus 1.6. New versions introduce new bugs and
problems.

I want to work with stable versions. Well, in fact, with versions that
have been stable since some time. New versions come with new bugs and
problems and I have already enough political problems pushing Lazarus to
fight with technical issues.

I have come across some bugs in 2.6.4 that I need to solve, so I have
decided to move to 3.0. It is stable since some time ago (They are
already working on 3.1).
if they had  applied backports to solve them, I would have sticked on
2.6.4.

Nevertheless, If I run into problems with Lazarus 1.4.4 / FPC 3.0, code
pages etc, I will move lazarus 1.6.

--
Saludos

Santiago A.