[Lazarus] New menu designer

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 26 20:06:55 CET 2015

On Sat, Dec 26, 2015 at 1:09 PM, Péter Gábor <ptrg at freemail.hu> wrote:
> Some examples of resourcestrings that can/must be merged

Yes, I didn't even notice that.

> Also a question: can this (new) menu designer implemented as a
> separate/installable package to allow the usage of old one?

No, my idea was to replace the old menu designer with a new one.
Something is wrong with the design of the old one. Everybody who has
modified and improved it says the same. Some improvements just feel
impossible without a complete rewrite.
So, this was the rewrite we were asking for.

I was hoping the author Howard Page-Clark would participate in the
discussion and improve his designer based on feedback. Maintenance is
always an important part of any code.
I have not studied details of the code yet but I plan to do it soon.
In any case, if I will be a sole maintainer of this code then I am
disappointed. I was hoping for a shared effort.

Juha