[Lazarus] New menu designer

Ondrej Pokorny lazarus at kluug.net
Sun Dec 27 14:37:15 CET 2015

On 22.12.2015 23:42, Anthony Walter wrote:
> Stay on top is needed because the a menu designer is typically a
> separate non docking window (a dialog). For all users menu editing
> invariably consists of:
>
> 1. Creating a menu (or sub menu) item using the menu editor dialog
> 2. Then editing the menu item properties using the object inspector
> (setting the name/caption, possibly creating a click event stub)

In the undocked IDE there is absolutely no problem when the menu
designer is not stay-on-top. You can switch from OI to ME there and back
without any problems.
-> Stay on top is not needed. IMO on the contrary it is bad.

On 23.12.2015 00:39, Juha Manninen wrote:
> Correct, and this becomes more important when AnchorDocking is used.
> Some other windows, namely Actionlisteditor and Collectionitem have
> the same issue.
> Forum user Soner A. had a valid point here:
>   http://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,30663.msg195989.html#msg195989
>
> I was already planning to check the behavior of those windows and ask
> for opinions.

I added PopupParent to Actionlisteditor and Collectionitem as well. But
only in the docked IDE. r51051, r51052.

Ondrej