[Lazarus] New menu designer

Howard Page-Clark hdpc at talktalk.net
Mon Dec 28 02:02:40 CET 2015

On 27/12/2015 13:25, Ondrej Pokorny wrote:
> On 27.12.2015 14:21, Juha Manninen wrote:
>> Strange. I have tested with GTK2 and QT on Linux and the Windows
>> version using Wine. They all behave identically in this respect.
>
> Don't forget that Linux+Wine is not Windows+win32 :)

The LCL implementation of themes (based on the work of Mike Lischke) for
mainmenu highlighting in GTK2 and QT appears to work differently from
the Windows implementation.
I will work on providing a custom-drawn mainmenu highlight across the
board, and not depend on themeservices to display this, whether the
needed highlight is for a main menu or a popupmenu, as a workaround in
this case of the menu editor.

A better long term solution would be to make the highlight theming for
TMainMenu and TPopupMenu fully consistent across all widgetsets.
However, that is a task beyond me.

Howard

---