[Lazarus] Controlling Lazarus from external application

Thu Feb 26 13:12:39 CET 2015

Hi,

Does Lazarus IDE implement an IPC server or something similar so it can
be controlled (or rather commanded) to do something from an external
tool or application?

For example:
I mostly run my unit tests via a GUI Test Runner (like FPTest) which
reports the test failure or error, but also reports the unit and line
number information. I would like to be able to double click on that
information, then magically my running Lazarus IDE instance would open
that unit and place the edit cursor on the correct line number.
Programming is all about convenience and saving time. ;-)

As I'm currently working on a project that uses FPCUnit, I don't mind
extending Lazarus's GUI Test Runner to have some of the functionality
that FPTest's GUI Runner has too.

But first I need to know if the IDE could be commanded in this way - or
if it at least has an IPC server implemented.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/