[Lazarus] How to limit editor area of a TEdit

zeljko zeljko at holobit.net
Mon Feb 2 14:09:36 CET 2015

On 02/02/2015 01:46 PM, Gabor Boros wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to include a control in a TEdit. On Windows can decrease the
> editor rectangle with EM_SETRECT message. Any similar feature is exist
> in Qt or a multi platform solution?

In Qt yes, others like gtk2 no.
I've created and edit with button inside and it works (qt).
This should work:
EditBitBtn := TBitBtn.Create(Self{TMyEdit})
EditBitBtn.Height := Height - 4;
EditBitBtn.Width := 32; {eg TMyEdit width is 100}
EditBitBtn.Align := alRight;
EditBitBtn.Parent := Self;
EditBitBtn.Visible := True;
Only thing you should check in ComponentState or ControlStyle (cannot
remember now), that maybe you should add to TMyEdit (in constructor)
that it allows child controls ...

zeljko