[Lazarus] New Get Lazarus Initiative

Anthony Walter sysrpl at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 13:19:32 CET 2015

It looks like your

/home/luca/Development/FreePascal/fpc/bin/fpc.cfg

Is being interpreted incorrectly and the wrong ppcx64 is being used. This
line in setup.sh is correctly setting the config path.

PPC_CONFIG_PATH=$BASE/fpc/bin

But this line isn't generating the correct fpc.cfg values.

$PPC_CONFIG_PATH/fpcmkcfg -d basepath=$BASE/fpc/lib/fpc/\$FPCVERSION -o
$PPC_CONFIG_PATH/fpc.cfg

In the end you have a compiler conflict where you existing fpc in
/usr/bin/ppcx64 is being used instead of the new one in
/home/luca/Development/FreePascal/fpc/bin/ppcx64.

First, check if /home/luca/Development/FreePascal/fpc/bin/ppcx64 exists.
Second write the following and see what is reported:

OLD_PATH=$PATH
export PATH=$PATH:/home/luca/Development/FreePascal/fpc/bin
export PPC_CONFIG_PATH=/home/luca/Development/FreePascal/fpc/bin
fpc -iV
PATH=$OLD_PATH

If you don't see:

3.0.1

Then I need to fix the fpcmkcfg line to compensate for other preexisting
versions of FPC which is reading fpc.cfg differently. In the interim I've
posted a new setup.sh which should temporarily put the new compiler first
in the path giving it precedence. To try again use the following commands:

rm -rf /home/luca/Development/FreePascal
curl -L http://www.getlazarus.org/download/?platform=linux -o setup.sh
sh setup.sh

After setup is complete try:

OLD_PATH=$PATH
export PATH=/home/luca/Development/FreePascal/fpc/bin/:$PATH
export PPC_CONFIG_PATH=/home/luca/Development/FreePascal/fpc/bin
fpc -iV
PATH=$OLD_PATH

And let me know if it reads:

3.0.1