[Lazarus] Developing on Linux with files on Windows NTFS

Thu Feb 5 17:25:31 CET 2015

On 2015-02-05 16:14, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
>> > suggest).  When I save an edited file (either code or form), the IDE
>> > frequently (but not always) opens a copy of that file in a separate tab
>> > and complains when I edit and save one of the two instances.
> This means the IDE thinks these are two separate files. For example
> when you mount a case insensitive file system (FAT, NTFS, Samba share)

Just a thought...

I've had a similar issue years back - at least it sounds similar. But
that was due to the fact that I used symlinks to folders under Linux.
The IDE got confused between the true path and the symlink path - always
thinking they are two separate files.

As the others suggested, I would rather setup a (bare) Git repo as a
common share between Linux and Windows.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/