[Lazarus] Changing package versions

Werner Pamler werner.pamler at freenet.de
Sat Feb 7 01:15:01 CET 2015

> This should work:
> - Initially, fpspreadsheet v1.5 is installed.
> - Open packages (.lpk) of fpspreadsheets 1.4.
> - Rebuild the IDE. This should compile with fpspreadsheets 1.4.
> - Restart IDE. It should load fpspreadsheets 1.4.
> - If you open a project with a dependency for 1.5, 1.5 will be
>   loaded.

No, it comes up with 1.5 in the Install/Uninstall packages list,
and if I add one of the visual components to a new project, the
project options tell me that it is version 1.5 as well. If I open
a demo file of the version 1.4 the used package is reported to be
1.5 again.

Do you want me to file a bug report?

> You can clean up the package list via Package / Package Links.
Great tool which makes my workaround much easier! I wonder how
many gems are within Lazarus that I've never seen...