[Lazarus] Developing on Linux with files on Windows NTFS {Solved]

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk m.e.sanliturk at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 02:45:58 CET 2015

On Sat, Feb 7, 2015 at 3:45 PM, Mattias Gaertner <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de>
wrote:

> On Sat, 7 Feb 2015 07:40:06 -0800
> Mehmet Erol Sanliturk <m.e.sanliturk at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >[...]
> > If there is no change :
> >
> > .lpi files are saved with respect to OS , means on each save , .lpi file
> of
> > other OS is broken .
> >
> > During load of .lpi files , OS difference is not taken into account .
> >
> > Therefore , .lpi files should be maintained in respective OS directories
> .
>
> I don't understand. All 352 lpi files of the Lazarus sources
> are used cross platform. Why does it not work for yours?
>
> Mattias
>
> --

OS differences are not the .lpi XML file format , but file names of the
project related source file names .

that issue .

In the same directory , for example , in an NFS directory :

When an .lpi file is loaded in an OS , file names recorded in other OSes
are causing trouble .
During save of an .lpi file , Lazarus is saving the .lpi file in its
current OS structure , by breaking the .lpi for the other OSes .

To prevent such a conflict , it is necessary to introduce into .lpi file
name components a new field :
<operating_system = "..." />

During loading an .lpi file ALL of the components should be loaded , and
relevant ones to OS should be used ( the other should be kept and any
message should not be issued about them ) , and on save , ALL of the
components should be saved with changes applied only to current OS
components .

Since there is no such a structure , it is necessary to use different
directories and .lpi files for the same project with common source
directories ( with different compiled parts directories ) .

Thank you very much .

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk