[Lazarus] Changing package versions

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Sun Feb 8 12:14:22 CET 2015

On Sat, 07 Feb 2015 19:03:43 +0100
Werner Pamler <werner.pamler at freenet.de> wrote:

> Grrr - sent too early! Things get more complicated...
>
> Currently both package versions are known to the IDE, but I think there
> is a bug in the project inspector which tells the wrong package version:
>
> On the component palette I see TsWorkbookChartSource which did not exist
> before 1.5. Therefore the active package version must be 1.5. But if I
> create a new project and add a visual spreadsheet control to create the
> dependency the project inspector tells me that the package is version
> 1.4. The same, if the dependency is added manually to an empty project.
>
> The same if I open another demo of v1.5
> ("examples\fpschart\workbookchartsource\fpschartsource.lpi") in which
> the package filename has not yet been marked as "preferred". This demo
> uses a TsWorkbookChartSource which is not yet available in v1.4. The
> form opens without any issues, therefore, the IDE seems to work with
> v1.5. But the project inspector says again that the package is version 1.4.

There are two versions - the binary and the source code.
When the IDE is built, the current package is compiled and linked in.
But you have to restart to load the new code.
You can now alter the package source, for example add or remove a
component, change the version, save the package at another place, or
load another lpk with the same name.
The loaded binary code is still the old - the component palette is
still the same. You have to rebuild and restart the IDE to get the
binary changes.

You can quickly switch the fpspreadsheet version by using Package /
Open Recent Package ...
Or by loading a project which has "preferred" package version.

You cannot load two lpk with the same name at the same time.

Mattias