[Lazarus] Guide: Making Free Pascal and Lazarus from sources

Mon Feb 9 11:45:02 CET 2015

On 2015-02-09 09:43, Lukasz Sokol wrote:
> this would mean for FPC & Lazarus that download statistics will be shifted
> away from them to your site. If something is unethical, then /this/ is

For me, statistics is of little concern. But downloading archives from
the official site is still a very good idea. You can still have all the
integration, custom patches etc. that your heart desires.

To give you an example: FreeBSD's ports system. FreeBSD allows you to
configure your build and needed dependencies, then it ALWAYS downloads
source archives from the original author's web/ftp site, then applies
custom patches (if needed). Then does the actual build and install. I
love this process. <rant>Pre-built binary packages for FreeBSD, Linux
etc simply pull in way to many dependencies - often conflicting with
versions I want to use.</rant>

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/