[Lazarus] need suggestion about ParamStrUTF8(0)

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Tue Feb 17 13:43:50 CET 2015

On Tue, 17 Feb 2015 14:33:41 +0200
FreeMan <freeman35 at delphiturkiye.com> wrote:

> osx yosemite fpc, lazarus svn qt x64
> ParamStrUTF8(0) in /lazarus/components/lazutils/fileutil.pas
> this function result in osx : ......./myproject.app/Contents/MacOS/myproject
> showing normal, but its symbolink link, not application.

When deploying your application you can remove the symbolic link and
move the binary into that folder.
Eventually Lazarus will put the binary into the folder.

> Why I need real application path, I need create some folder and create ini files in
> application's same folder.
> In osx myproject.app is a folder, and finder show it like a application,
> so end user not find and access to that created folder and ini files. I
> need real application path. How to do this?

Although the Finder does not show the contents of this folder by
default, programs can read and write there normally. You can store ini
files there.
If you want the user to see your ini files in Finder, then you should
create a normal directory. As far as I know there is no standard for
that.

Mattias