[Lazarus] Confusing compiler hint on unused parameter

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 17 17:35:17 CET 2015

Am 17.02.2015 16:58 schrieb "Werner Pamler" <werner.pamler at freenet.de>:

> This compiler message looks strange to me: "tatextelements.pas(177,24)
Hint: Value parameter "AValue" is assigned but never used". It occurs when
TAChart is recompiled (see bug report #0027484). Here is the corresponding
code:

> procedure TGenericChartMarks.SetFrame(AValue: _TFramePen);
> begin
>   if FFrame = AValue then exit;
>   FFrame.Assign(AValue);
>   StyleChanged(Self);
> end;
>
> I would say that the parameter "AValue" *is* used. So, what is this hint
for?

What compiler version? If 2.6.x please retest with a 3.x version. If it is
still reproducible then try to reproduce it in a smaller, self contained
example and report as a bug for FPC.

Regards,
Sven