[Lazarus] Watches - 'Repeat Count' functionality.

Thu Feb 19 01:20:26 CET 2015

On 2015-02-18 17:08, Martin Frb wrote:
> how is b defined?

=====================================
program project1;

uses
  SysUtils;

var
  a: array[0..999] of integer;
  b: array[0..100] of string;
  i: integer;
begin
  writeln('Let''s start');
  for i := 0 to 999 do
    a[i] := i;
//  writeln('a[0] = ', a[0]);
  for i := 0 to 99 do
    b[i] := 'str' + IntToStr(i);
  writeln('b[0] = ', b[0]);   //  <-- Breakpoint is set here
  writeln('That''s all folks!');
end.
=====================================

> IIRC (need to check) repeat count cuts off at the boundaries of an array

No, the repeat count would have been well within the bounds of the array.

> Also, if you use the "detail pane" in watches. This had a bug,

No, didn't even know there was "detail pane". :)

I was just evaluating the latest debugging features in Lazarus IDE, and
comparing GDB and fpDebug output.

I also wanted to see if Lazarus IDE had something like Haiku's Debugger
has - Array Ranges. If it didn't (Repeat Count seems close), I thought I
might take a shot at implementing it. It doesn't seem too hard to
accomplish [please correct me if I am wrong].

https://www.haiku-os.org/blog/anevilyak/2013-04-27_debugger_overview_new_features

https://www.haiku-os.org/files/images/array_range_2.png
https://www.haiku-os.org/files/images/array_range_3.png
https://www.haiku-os.org/files/images/array_range_4.png