[Lazarus] Lazarus Release Candidate 1 of 1.4

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Fri Feb 20 17:30:18 CET 2015

On Fri, 20 Feb 2015 17:04:22 +0100
Giuliano Colla <giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it> wrote:

> Il 20/02/2015 01:32, Mattias Gaertner ha scritto:
>[...]
> > Do you mean line 3237?

That was fixes_1_4.

> I rather mean line 3206.

I guess this line is in 1.4RC1. Please refer to fixes_1_4.

> If normal output directory (i.e. the not writeable one, in our case)
> doesn't need compile, no check is made on the fall back directory.
> If the fall back directory is empty (as it would be on a first time
> build) , a useless compilation is avoided, and this is Ok, but if it
> contains old ppu's  (as it may happen after an update) the old ppu's are
> left in place, and will cause linking to abort.

In this case the linker should only see the normal output directory of
the package.
How can the linker see the fallback directory of the package?

> I'll make some tests on the transition from 1.2.6 to 1.4RC1 which shows
> the problem, to see if some smarter checks on PackageSytem can help, or
> if, after all, a clean all is the only viable solution.
>
> Are there cases where a package units directory contains units from more
> than one package?

Yes, some people do that. It is not recommended.
The packages in the Lazarus sources do not share directories - neither
source, nor output.

Mattias