[Lazarus] Lazarus Release Candidate 1 of 1.4

Giuliano Colla giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it
Fri Feb 20 18:29:15 CET 2015

Il 20/02/2015 17:30, Mattias Gaertner ha scritto:
> On Fri, 20 Feb 2015 17:04:22 +0100
> Giuliano Colla <giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it> wrote:
>
>> Il 20/02/2015 01:32, Mattias Gaertner ha scritto:
>> [...]
>>> Do you mean line 3237?
> That was fixes_1_4.
>

>> I rather mean line 3206.
> I guess this line is in 1.4RC1. Please refer to fixes_1_4.

No it was in trunk.
In fixes_1_4 it's line 3214. No compile needed on current package output
dir => exit.

>> If normal output directory (i.e. the not writeable one, in our case)
>> doesn't need compile, no check is made on the fall back directory.
>> If the fall back directory is empty (as it would be on a first time
>> build) , a useless compilation is avoided, and this is Ok, but if it
>> contains old ppu's  (as it may happen after an update) the old ppu's are
>> left in place, and will cause linking to abort.
> In this case the linker should only see the normal output directory of
> the package.
> How can the linker see the fallback directory of the package?

I'll make some more precise tests, sending al messages to a log file, to
detect exactly what goes wrong.

For testing 1.4, I just tried to put myself in the shoes of someone not
too expert installing 1.4 as an upgrade of 1.2.6, and I stumbled in this
problem.

Giuliano