[Lazarus] while make lazarus x64, get i386 error

Giuliano Colla giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it
Mon Feb 23 12:35:53 CET 2015

Il 23/02/2015 11:50, Mattias Gaertner ha scritto:
> On Mon, 23 Feb 2015 12:33:24 +0200
> Juha Manninen <juha.manninen62 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 12:10 PM, Mattias Gaertner
>> <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de> wrote:
>>> What means "set it to path"?
>>> Are now both 32bit and 64bit version in the PATH or only the 64bit?
>> Windows PATH. When I type "fpc" on cmd line, it starts the new 3.0.1
>> 64-bit compiler.
>> It is the only fpc in PATH.
> ok.
> You know, that you don't need to change the PATH to switch the compiler
> in the IDE, don't you?
> And having both in the PATH allows fpc.exe to find both.
>
> AFAIK under Windows you should built the IDE only 32bit.
>

>>> And after doing that, you restarted the IDE, right?
>> Yes
> The IDE was still 32bit after this, right?
>
> How was the IDE built? IDE, lazbuild or "make"?

Maybe it's completely unrelated, but just in case.

I made some quick test when checking your fix for "Clear all".
At first glance, in case of a target directory which is neither the
Lazarus tree nor the Primary Config Path set by pcp (as is the case of
cross-compiling, I believe), it seems to me that in a Build from IDE:
a) the target directory is not cleared
b) the target directory contains only "units", while "lib" (i.e.
packages") defaults to either Lazarus tree or pcp=xxx.

I didn't check more accurately, because I'm not familiar with
cross-compiling issues.

I'm completely off track, and this a different issue, or it's worth to
investigate a bit deeper?

Giuliano