[Lazarus] Debugger Warning

Marcos Douglas md at delfire.net
Mon Feb 23 16:02:08 CET 2015

On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 11:44 AM, martin <lazarus at mfriebe.de> wrote:
> On 23/02/15 14:37, Marcos Douglas wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>> I updated my Lazarus and I noted a new behavior: if I compile any program
>> with the option Debugging>Generate debugging info unchecked, when I run a
>> message is showed:
>> "The debugger was unable to set all breakpoints during initialization. You
>> may with to check if all sources were compiled with debug-info. Press OK to
>> ignore this and continue"
>>
>> So, why I run with no debug-info? All Test programs, using FPCUnit Test I
>> run without this info because I do not want the program stop if an exception
>> is raised -- FPCUnit will catch -- but I need to know if there are memory
>> leaks.
>>
>> How I disable this message?
>>
>> Lazarus 1.5 r47948M FPC 2.6.5 i386-win32-win32/win64
>>

> there is an option in the debugger properties (the property grid in the
> debugger options)

In Tools>Options>Debugger>General? What option?

> Just to be sure: This is about your app (intentionally) not having
> FPC_RAISEEXCEPTION?
> There is no other breakpoint (check in breakpoints window of menu "View"
> "Debugger windows")?

No. Exception could be raised, but FPCUnit will catch.
Without debug-info these exception not show a message. But I need to
see the Heaptrc info at the end.

> I guess this feature needs fine tuning. And maybe a "run without debugger"
> command.

I always create two Build modes: Debug and Run. To normal app, Debug
mode has all options to debug and Run mode has nothing (nor debug-info
or heaptrc). The "problem" is only for run Test programs, ie, in Run
mode I need check heaptrc.

Regards,
Marcos Douglas