[Lazarus] Multi-Device Designer

Wed Feb 25 11:39:12 CET 2015

On 2015-02-25 09:31, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> Of course you can use VFI to create custom views - for
> different platforms, devices, releases or whatever
> flavors.

But the difference between Delphi and Lazarus would be how you reference
those forms. In Delphi FMX (as far as I understand) you would simply
reference your form as SomeForm - regardless of the target device. FMX
would resolve that automatically to the correct device specific
implementation if one exists.

Whereas in Lazarus LCL's VFI you would have different units and
different form names for each target. So you would have to wrap all
those in IFDEF's. Is this correct?

> flexible), but the LCL will still use the native controls, so the
> "preview" is limited.

Understood.

Regards,
  - Graeme -