[Lazarus] Multi-Device Designer

Wed Feb 25 12:02:22 CET 2015

On 2015-02-25 10:46, Sven Barth wrote:
> we don't
> need FM and can instead improve the LCL to handle this better including
> native look and feel.

Okay, so does that mean currently LCL can't target Android or iOS, but
the possibility could exist in the future?  The reason I say this is
because to date there is no LCL-iOS or LCL-Android widgetset to choose
as a target.

I haven't really tracked the progress of LCL over the last couple of
years. So I'm just trying to compare Delphi and Lazarus to see how they
compare for multi-platform and multi-device development. I'm trying to
see if Lazarus is a viable option for a future project, or am I better
off spending the small fortune and buy a copy of Delphi XE7 (or
AppMethod). Maybe alternatives like Xamarin is an option too, but I
would like to keep to the Object Pascal language if possible.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/