[Lazarus] GUI design: fixed height panel at bottom

Marc Santhoff M.Santhoff at web.de
Thu Jan 8 02:40:27 CET 2015

Hi,

as the subject line says, I want to have a panel attached to the bottom
and the sides of a form, which is pretty easy to to using the anchor
editor.

What I can't do is make this panel fixed height. Setting it's propety
height in OnREsize of the form doesn't work, I think the other anchors
reset the height according to their rules.

The panel will hold some components visible in any case, while the rest
of the for above (in another panel) will show a set of varying
components depending on context.

How can this be made?

|    height varying when form resized   |
|       height fixed                    |

Marc Santhoff <M.Santhoff at web.de>