[Lazarus] What happened to this feature?

Anthony Walter sysrpl at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 08:43:51 CET 2015

I saw a really great feature in Lazarus which was removed recently. I'm not
sure when or why, but am wondering if anyone knows what happened.

Here is a description of the feature:

When Lazarus running with the AnchorDockingDgn package installed, if you
clicked on a component in the palette, after the briefest moment Lazarus
would bring the current form designer to the foreground.

This would save you the step of having to click on a component then
pressing F12 to bring the form designer back to the front where you could
then drop the component.

I thought the feature worked great, but I'm not seeing it on my most recent
Lazarus builds. Where did this feature go?