[Lazarus] GUI design: fixed height panel at bottom

Marc Santhoff M.Santhoff at web.de
Thu Jan 8 07:12:45 CET 2015

On Mi, 2015-01-07 at 23:58 -0500, Dmitry Boyarintsev wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 7, 2015 at 11:45 PM, Marc Santhoff <M.Santhoff at web.de> wrote:
>
> > In principle that approch is working, but seemingly using the align
> > property and anchors together produces unexpected results - at least for
> > me.
> >

> In this simple design you don't need to use anchors at all.
> Alignment does it for you.
> If you need a margin from the sides of the form you can use border property
> of each panel.

Well, the question only touches a small detail of a bigger gui. But
Thinking about your answer I learned to use align'ment for simple
relations of only two components in one container and use anchors only
at inner levels where more complex relations between three or more
components have to fit in one container (TPanel). Sounds useful and more
simple, I'll go that way.

Thanks!

--
Marc Santhoff <M.Santhoff at web.de>