[Lazarus] HEADS UP: FPC 3.0.1 stable branched off.

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Sat Jan 10 14:39:17 CET 2015

On Sat, 10 Jan 2015 12:49:04 +0000
Mark Morgan Lloyd <markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk> wrote:

> Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
>
> > Lazarus trunk at about 47318 is OK with FPC 2.7.1 29398 on SPARC using
> > Debian "Lenny",
>
> Same combination on a PPC Mac raises an exception as below when the IDE
> is told to Tools -> Options.
>
> TApplication.HandleException Error reading
> ComponentsListView.Items.LazData: Stream read error
>    Stack trace:
>    $10118410  TREADER__READPROPERTY,  line 1279 of
> /usr/local/src/fpc/fpc-trunk/rtl/objpas/classes/reader.inc
>
> Apart from that and the blank toolbar issue it appears OK. Does anybody
> want me to get a backtrace and raise a bug?

TListItems.ReadLazData reads a TLazItemInfo, which is a record:

  TLazItemInfo = record // packing is not needed and not wanted
    ImageIndex: Integer;
    StateIndex: Integer;
    OverlayIndex: Integer;
    SubItemCount: Integer;
  end;

Without "packed" the layout depends on the platform. But the stream
should be streamed the same on all platforms. So it needs "packed".
OTOH someone added a comment that it is not wanted.

Has someone an idea why "packed" is "is not needed and not wanted"?

Mattias