[Lazarus] New FPC 3.0 and Lazarus 1.4 Test Installer

Anthony Walter sysrpl at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 23:16:04 CET 2015

In Lazarus you select Project -> Project Options -> Compiler Options, then
select from Win32 Debug, Win32 Release, Win64, Linux32, Linux64, or Android.

That's all you need to do for Windows 32/64 builds.

For the other targets, you'll need to download the platform specific
libraries to complete a full compile (the linking stage).

You can get these from the pilotlogic downloads page:

http://www.pilotlogic.com/sitejoom/index.php/downloads/viewcategory/2-libraries

Place the contents of these files in your <test install
location>\fpc\bin\i386-win32 folder

For Linux32 you need this file
<http://www.pilotlogic.com/sitejoom/index.php/downloads/viewdownload/2-libraries/132-i386-linux-7z>
.
For Linux64 you need this file
<http://www.pilotlogic.com/sitejoom/index.php/downloads/viewdownload/2-libraries/133-x86-64-linux-7z>
.

For Linux you will need to refer Lazarus to the Linux platform libraries
for linking (Compiler Options -> Paths -> Libraries). These will be files
such as gtk2.so if you are using the gtk2 widget set. The compiler will
tell you which libraries you're missing.

For Android install the Android NDK and put its tools folder in your path,
then refer Lazarus the NDK libs folder (Compiler Options -> Paths -
Libraries). You'll also need to have the ant tool to bundle your compiled
project as an apk,

These steps could be improved by someone, but as it is right now I don't
think it makes sense to bloat up the compiler and IDE install with files
for everything. I think what we (the community) need is an enhancement to
Lazarus which will detect the first time a build fails due to missing tools
or libraries, and at that point offers to download and configure them for
you automatically.