[Lazarus] New FPC 3.0 and Lazarus 1.4 Test Installer

Kostas Michalopoulos badsectoracula at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 17:49:11 CET 2015

Yeah i know about that feature of the form designer, but it doesn't work
with the object inspector (so, f.e, if i change align, glyph, style, font
or anything else that will reflect in the form designer, it wont show up).

TBH i also like how the window looks like a window since most docked form
designers either put some fake borders or they don't bother at all. The
best docked form designer i've seen is the one that Xojo (ex RealBasic)
uses, which tries to be as faithful to the native UI (under Linux it uses
the default GNOME style) and is always centered (another annoying thing
almost every single docked form designer is that if you maximize the IDE
window, the form is shown at the top left area which especially in a big
monitor like 1920x1080 or 2560x1440 can be very hard to edit).

BTW wasn't there some fork or something of Lazarus that added an embedded
form designer? Why wasn't that backported to Lazarus?