[Lazarus] Lazarus project compile flags

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Sat Jan 31 15:42:59 CET 2015

On Sat, 31 Jan 2015, Mehmet Erol Sanliturk wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 31, 2015 at 12:26 AM, Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org> wrote:
>

>       On Fri, 30 Jan 2015, Mehmet Erol Sanliturk wrote:
>
>                   Why do you think so ?
>
>                   I have a fully automated build environment that uses lazbuild, guided by a custom written program and a
>             shell script.
>                   It works transparantly on linux and windows. It results in an installer on both platforms: inno setup on
>             windows,
>                   self-extracting shell script on linux, built from the same .iss file.
>
>       [snip]
>
>             Are these ( program sources and shell script ) open to public ?
>             If "Yes" , would you please supply link(s) to download ?
>

>       They are not available for public.
>
>       I can supply the '.iss -> zip file' code for linux, if that is of any use.
>
>       Michael.
>
>       --
>

> Dear Michael ,
>
> My main interest is to learn to generate install files for FreeBSD similar to Linux .
> Therefore , I do not know whether I can use the '.iss -> zip file' code for linux for such work .
> You know better than me .

.iss is the source file for an Inno Setup installer, an installer for Windows.

I have FPC code that converts the [Files] section to a Zip file, which is then
bundled with a custom setup.sh shell script to create a self-extracting installer.
This is done with makeself (check internet for makeself).

The self-extracting installer works on any linux system that has unzip installed.
Even that can probably be reduced to simply tar and compress, given some work.

According to the author, the makeself self-extractor should work on any unix
compatible system.

If this is an acceptable procedure for you, then I can send the sources
and the setup.sh script.

Michael.