[Lazarus] Printing BitMap on OSX crashes

Jesus Reyes A. jesusrmx at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 22:52:47 CEST 2015

On Tue, 30 Jun 2015 05:55:43 -0500, Martin Grajcar <maaartinus at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> apologies for reposting, but I can't see in the archives (and have
> received no answer).
>
> Are attachments forbidden here? I'm given you a link instead:
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4971686/bitmap-crash.demo.zip
>
> Regards, Martin.
>
> On Thu, Jun 25, 2015 at 10:57 AM, Martin Grajcar <maaartinus at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> My trivial Lazarus 1.4 application (and also our real application)
>> crash whenever it prints a TBitMap on MAC. It >>happens in
>> _platform_memmove$VARIANT$sse4 it tries to execute MOVDQA
>> and I thought it was an alignment problem, but it isn't.
>>
>> I'm attaching my rather confusing demo. It does nothing but printing
>> and seems to work fine on Linux, but crashes >>on OSX. Commenting out
>> the StretchDraw prevents the crash. I have currently no access to the
>> MAC, so I apologize >>for not including a minimal example.

I can reproduce it, and although the AV is easily fixed it seems printing
bitmaps under Mac OS X it currently broken (loading a bitmap from a file
doesn't produce AV but it not working anyway). I'm sure it used to work
because I have PDF file generated using TPrinter and CUPS-PDF at some
point.

Please submit a report so it wont be forgotten.

Jesus Reyes A.