[Lazarus] Continuous UnitTest Integration with the IDE

Mon Jul 13 16:26:40 CEST 2015

Hi,

As anybody implemented, tried to implement, or thinking about
implementing something like the Delphi TestInsight plugin?

In summary, it allows you to run unit tests continuously while you are
developing. Compiling and running of the tests happen in the background.
You don't have to compile and run an external Console or GUI Test Runner
application. Results are show in a dockable window inside the IDE.
Double clicking on a failed test takes you straight to the code in question.

YouTube demo:
	https://youtu.be/om78iNNANpc

Home page:
  https://bitbucket.org/sglienke/testinsight/wiki/Home

Blog posts covering the topic:
  https://parnassus.co/unit-testing-with-testinsight/

http://delphisorcery.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/testinsight-unit-testing-like-pro.html

I've got a modified Lazarus and FPCUnit GUI Test Runner that sort of
allows double clicking on the failed test and it commands Lazarus IDE to
navigate to that unit (thanks to IPC). This has some problems though (in
finding the source units). Now I'm thinking that integrated testing
might be a much better idea.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/