[Lazarus] Git Plug-in for Lazarus

Fri Jul 3 12:44:11 CEST 2015

On 2015-07-03 11:20, Eric Kom wrote:
> But fine I got a  working git server.

Huh? Git doesn't use a "server"... maybe you meant "repository"?

> My question now is how can I ignore *.back file so that I don't push
> them in the remote repo?

Two ways of doing that.

1. Edit the "<project>/.git/info/exclude" and include whatever files
   or paths you want to ignore.
   This option is local to your setup, so if you share this repository,
   nobody else will have your ignored file options.

2. Create a "<project>/.gitignore" file. The syntax for this file is the
   same as in option (1). It is recommended to also commit this file
   into your repository (though not a requirement). If you commit it and
   share this repository, then others will have the same files ignored.

For more details see the Git help on the subject:

  $>  git help gitignore

My ".gitignore" file normally contains the following:

--------------------[ .gitignore ]-----------------------
*.[oa]
*.ppu
*.lps