[Lazarus] fast mathematical matrix operations

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Tue Jul 7 14:03:50 CEST 2015

Andrea Mauri wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I have been on holiday, since I have not seen any answer I try to post
> it again.
>
> Since I am not experienced with thread and actually I am involved in
> other projects I cannot work on it.
> I am evaluating to propose a bounty (150 euro. is is acceptable?) to
> make mrmath fully compatible with fpc (and working on win 32/64 linux
> 32/64..).
> How can I do that?

Leledumbo has already demonstrated that the fact that mrmath is written
in assembler is likely to be an insurmountable problem.

If there were a version that was buildable (at least initially) without
using assembler you might get somewhere.

> I know that there is a page for bounties:
> http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Bounties
>
> - how can I propose my bounty on the wiki?
> - Anybody interested?

Incidentally, have you looked at Vector Pascal
http://www.dcs.gla.ac.uk/~wpc/reports/compilers/compilerindex/x25.html
The compiler itself is written in Java but the generated code is...
interesting.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk