[Lazarus] File sync system approach

Marc Santhoff M.Santhoff at web.de
Thu Jul 9 14:33:58 CEST 2015

On Mi, 2015-07-08 at 11:54 -0700, aradeonas wrote:

> For one of my projects I want to send and receive files between server
> and client and for years I saw demos in Indy,Synapse ... but I wonder if
> any one done it in real world and have experience or suggestion that
> want to share with so prevent me to go wrong or reinvent wheel or engine
> if they are out.
>
> I want to know what is the best approach for making a sync system,what
> is the powerfullest library and live library,tips to know about security
> or even file changes recognition and upload just changed part like
> DropBox.
> I don't want all,just if you can help me in some part please do.

Maybe it would be a good idea to search for other projects doing the
job. How about Owncloud or other server centric application programs?
SourceForge or google code and many others are your friend.

Or ask your colleagues or friends, if they know something helpful where
you can look at the code.

If you find a library written in plain C it's not so complicated to make
an object pascal binding using fpc's h2pas tool.

Additionally you could have a look at relational databases. Locking
schemes and replication would be the keywords.

HTH,
Marc

--
Marc Santhoff <M.Santhoff at web.de>