[Lazarus] LazReport - Feature questions

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Fri Jul 10 10:18:28 CEST 2015

On Fri, 10 Jul 2015, Tony Whyman wrote:

> Well - good luck - Lazreport took a long time to get stable and certainly
> contains many idiosyncrasies that could benefit from a redesign. But please
> ensure that there is a clear migration path to any new reporting engine.

Well. The reporting engine is developed using test-driven development, so
it should hopefully not take so long to be stable.
This is possible because all GUI dependencies have been removed from the core engine.

Concerning migration path: It will surely be possible to write some form of .lrf file converter,
but I will not compromise on design to make this possible.

Michael.