[Lazarus] Release model for Lazarus

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 22:49:35 CEST 2015

On Sun, Jul 12, 2015 at 3:54 PM, Maxim Ganetsky <ganmax at narod.ru> wrote:
> I would recommend translators to send translation updates for FIXES branch
> as soon as they have them at hand. For trunk it is enough to send them once
> a week.

Once a week for trunk is too often in my opinion. New features and
their resource strings go through many iterations before they are
ready. Translating the intermediate versions would be a waste of
energy and time.
For example now there is a new desktops feature. I guess it will still
change in near future.

Yes, announcements about dot releases a week earlier would be helpful
although texts don't change often in fixes branch. There were some
mails in developer list around a week earlier.
Such an announcement would not require a branch for translators.

Juha