[Lazarus] gdb version for use with lazarus

Martin Frb lazarus at mfriebe.de
Mon Jul 20 00:40:36 CEST 2015

On 19/07/2015 18:16, Marc Santhoff wrote:
> Hi,
>
> still in the reconstruction process:
>
> Which version of gdb is requiered at least for us with lazarus on
> freebsd with fpc 2.6.4?
>
> I'm using nthe systems gdb which does not seem to suffice:
>
>   > gdb --version
> GNU gdb 6.1.1 [FreeBSD]
>
> Lazarus is from today, 1.4.2.

It might not just be the version number.
The lowest version regularly tested is or was till recently 6.3.5 (the
apple mac edition).
But it is well possible that even older versions still work.

IIRC the problem on freebsd is that some commands returns different
values. Instead of PID you get a Lightweight thread id, or something,
and it has a diff abbreviation.
I remember 1 or 2 years back some reports and some changes. But I have
not tested since. (And I do not know, if those changes apply only to
certain version of the freebsd gdb.)

Lets start with a log, on whatever gdb you currently have
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/GDB_Debugger_Tips#Log_info_for_debug_session