[Lazarus] How to enable the "Terminal Output" window

Martin Frb lazarus at mfriebe.de
Wed Jul 22 15:01:04 CEST 2015

On 22/07/2015 10:49, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> On 2015-07-22 10:26, Martin Frb wrote:
>> Freebsd was never tested. If the linux code for a virtual pty works,
>> then only the IFDEF needs to be changed.
> Ah, my host is indeed FreeBSD. I had a quick look and it doesn't
> compile. The minilibc unit causes problems with getpt (linux) vs
> posix_openpt() (freeBSD), or ptsname_r() vs ptsname() etc.
>
> I'll take a further look when I have some more time.
>
> Thanks for the info though.
>
> Regards,
>    - Graeme -

you can always redirect to any existing terminal.

Open a terminal (and if you wan, run something (a loop) that prevents
the shell from reading your keyboard)

get the pty number/dev.

It Tools / Options / debugger, in the property grid, find: "ConsoleTty"
(it is     {$IFDEF UNIX}, so you should have it)
Enter the pty in that field. (the IDE will tell gdb to do the redirect,
so if your gdb behaves....)

downside, each time you open a new terminal, you need to change this.