[Lazarus] Open handles on USB drives (Windows)

Jürgen Hestermann juergen.hestermann at gmx.de
Sat Jun 6 16:16:26 CEST 2015

Very often when I debug a program with Lazarusand have connected an external
USB drive and then want to eject the external USB drive I get an “in use” error.
When looking with Unlocker it is always Lazarus who has open handles to this drive (root)
although it has nothing to do with it. Even drives on different drive letters are affected by this.
Does Lazarus open handles for each and every drive letter it finds (on Windows)?
If yes, why?