[Lazarus] fast mathematical matrix operations

Andrea Mauri andrea.mauri.75 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 10:57:11 CEST 2015

Dear all,

I am looking for units/packages to deal with numerical matrix
manipulation (typical double type numerical matrices).
I need code able to perform typical matrix operations (e.g. matrix
multiplication, inversion, determinant and so on) as fast as possible
since I deal with big matrices (thousands of rows and columns). I need
it for both windows and linux (32/64).

I found some libraries doing it (e.g. dmath and mrmath).

dmath units (http://sourceforge.net/projects/dmath/) can be used both on
windows and linux but operations are slow on big matrices. calculation
of correlation matrix on a matrix with 3500 rows and 2000 columns get
minutes.

mrmath units (https://github.com/mikerabat/mrmath) is the fastest I
found (just few seconds to calculate correlation matrix on the same data
matrix as before) but is available only for windows and mac os.

any other suggestions? anyone interested in evaluating the possibility
to make mrmath usable under linux too?

thanks,
Andrea