[Lazarus] TProcess not mirroring terminal

JuuS JuuS at mykolab.ch
Tue Jun 2 14:54:08 CEST 2015

On 06/02/2015 02:31 PM, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

> On Tue, 2 Jun 2015, JuuS wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I'm using Lazarus 1.4 with Kubuntu 14.04
>>
>> I've written a small GUI frontend for the rsync command. I assemble
>> rsync command line switches and source and destination thru the TProcess
>> paramlist and everything has been exactly mirrored by my program and
>> when the exact same command is run through a terminal, it has worked
>> perfectly for everything I want to do with rsync...
>>
>> ...until today.
>>
>> For the first time my output and the output from the same command line
>> run in terminal work differently.
>>
>> Run it through terminal and the command is accepted, however running it
>> through TProcess and rsync complains! The two outputs are listed below,
>> the parameters passed are exactly the same.
>>

>> Anyone have an idea why this is so???
>>

> As a wild guess: You cannot specify * or ** (or any wildcard), because
> that must be escaped using the shell.

Thanks for the answer. wildcards do work fine when I make exclude and
include params, but then those are interpreted by rsync as simple
patterns to match. So you are saying that in the case of the actual
source folder param the shell must be involved and passing it through
TProcess params won't work?

I can live with this, but it would be nice for it work. Any way to
tickle the shell in some way through TProcess??