[Lazarus] TProcess not mirroring terminal

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Tue Jun 2 16:20:58 CEST 2015

JuuS wrote:

> Thanks for the answer. wildcards do work fine when I make exclude and
> include params, but then those are interpreted by rsync as simple
> patterns to match. So you are saying that in the case of the actual
> source folder param the shell must be involved and passing it through
> TProcess params won't work?

Note also this behaviour from Bash:

$ echo fpc*
fpc fpc.tar fpcbuild-2.2.4.tar.gz fpcbuild-2.4.0.tar.gz
$ echo fred*
fred*

So * is expanded if files match, but is passed through unchanged if not.
This means that if your program isn't expanding * based on what's in a
directory, there are some cases where it will be behaving the same as
the shell :-)

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk