[Lazarus] fast mathematical matrix operations

leledumbo leledumbo_cool at yahoo.co.id
Mon Jun 8 12:24:45 CEST 2015

> anyone interested in evaluating the possibility to make mrmath usable under
linux too?

Despite it's mostly written in hand-crafted assembly, the code is pretty
well commented with respective Pascal construct. You might want to turn it
back to Pascal first. My first attempt doesn't yet come to the threading
thing, my trunk compiler even stops at:

   cvtsi2sd xmm5, width;

with message:

"ASMMatrixMeanOperationsx64.pas(83,4) Error: Asm: [cvtsi2sd xmmreg,mem128]
invalid combination of opcode and operands"

if at least the compiler can go up to the thread pooling, I guess it won't
be that difficult to replace the platform specific thread implementations
with FPC's native cross platform threading solution. The code is quite good
that all thread unit usage are actually abstracted in MtxThreadPool unit
functions, so implementing one for linux can also be a solution, albeit not
the most beautiful since you have to mess with ifdefs.