[Lazarus] fast mathematical matrix operations

Mon Jun 8 16:33:27 CEST 2015

On 2015-06-08 14:29, Andrea Mauri wrote:

> It is difficult for me ;-) since it uses two different thread
> implementations (one for windows and one for MAC OS).

Both of those could possible be made obsolete by using FPC's
cross-platform support - even for threading. So you could end up with
one single thread implementation. At least this is how it works for many
FPC + Delphi projects I work on.

> I am not experienced with thread and last time I used assembler was
> on a z80 in the '90s when I was a student and I have no memories
> about it.

I quickly browsed the repository to have a look. There are indeed a lot
of ASM code (to be expected), but it seems it was already ported to FPC,
and targets 32-bit and 64-bit X86 systems. So you got the two most
popular platforms already sorted.

I guess having a pure Object Pascal implementation as a fallback would
be nice, but that is another story.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/