[Lazarus] Docked Form

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 11:41:21 CEST 2015

On Sat, Jun 13, 2015 at 12:17 PM, Hans-Peter Diettrich
<DrDiettrich2 at gmx.de> wrote:
> Two problems with docking:
> 1) Delphi-docking is not well supported, else the IDE DockManager could be
> used.
> 2) The IDE has much code for window placement, all over, instead of a common
> window layout manager.

A docking API is a good idea. I think Maciej had similar idea with his
ToolsAPI thing.
Dodi, I remember you patches were rejected because they did not work.
They were more like shooting around blindly.
The current code has one big benefit: it works. The problem scope is
complex and a good API may not be an easy task.

Juha