[Lazarus] Docked Form

Maciej Izak hnb.code at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 22:57:53 CEST 2015

> I have a question, though:
> I read on your site that FreeSparta only works on Windows. It would be
> difficult to make it Linux/OSX compatible? We need a docking system that is
> functional on every widgetset.

The latest CT implementation works on every platform(ok, it has some issues
on OSX, but it can be fixed).

I'm sorry for late reply, your message was categorized as spam. :\

The "root" of CT solution and Sparta solution is inspired by kzdesktop. I
don't have code, related for windows platform directly. I use only LCL, and
I fixed small bugs in parts of Lazarus for Windows platform ( for example
OverlayWindowProc in
https://github.com/dathox/freesparta/blob/master/lazarus_sparta_patch/lcl/interfaces/win32/win32callback.inc
).

FreeSparta is avaible for Windows platform because I only use windows for
my daily work. It's very hard to release big (commercial) project for many
platforms. FreeSparta should work in any platform supported by Lazarus with
small changes. Inside project I use only LCL without windows directly
related stuff.

The main difference between Sparta and Typhon implementation :

1. Docked form scrolling
2. Docked form position

THE MOST IMPORTANT DETAILS :)

In Sparta all is done by overriding published properties related to
scrolling and related to form position. In CT it is achived by blocking
messages in WindowProc.

What is better solution ? I don't know :)