[Lazarus] I have some custom components, can I convert Delphi -> Lazarus?

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Fri Jun 19 09:35:12 CEST 2015

On 06/18/2015 06:01 PM, Bo Berglund wrote:
> In the pas file referencing the obj file I have this:
>
> IMPLEMENTATION
> USES
>     Windows;
> {$L SPROMEPS.OBJ}  { LINK WITH THE SUPERPRO OBJECT FILE }
>
> { External functions }
> FUNCTION RNBOsproFormatPacket( ApiPacket     : RB_SPRO_APIPACKET_PTR;
>                                 thePacketSize : WORD ) : WORD; STDCALL;
> EXTERNAL;

It uses e.g. "STDCALL", so supposedly it is an ANSI C based interface.

If the obj file format is not GNU/FPC compatible and can't be used by
the linker in fpc, " Safenet" might be able to provide a GNU C version
of that file.

But being able to successfully link might not be enough. It might be
possible that the  Safenet thingy does some encryption with the exe
information file to allow only execution only if  the correct dongle is
found. That might or might not be compatible with fpc generated exes.