[Lazarus] Newbie, porting class to FPC but get procedure assignment error

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Fri Jun 19 10:55:47 CEST 2015

Bo Berglund wrote:

>> FTimer.OnTimer := @OnCheckTimer
>>
>> See:
>>
>> http://wiki.freepascal.org/Code_Conversion_Guide
>>

> Amazing! Minutes to get a good solution! What a difference from the
> Embarcadero support forum!  :)
>
> The address symbol did the job!

It's worth noting that that's one of the few language-level
incompatibilities. Bites everybody :-)

> Now I am getting to the real hurdle as follows:
>
> DongleTest.lpr(20,1) Error: Illegal COFF Magic while reading
> SPROMEPS.OBJ
>
> This caused by the following line in a suppurt file from SafeNet:
>
> ..
> IMPLEMENTATION
> USES
>    Windows;
>
> {$L SPROMEPS.OBJ}  { LINK WITH THE SUPERPRO OBJECT FILE }

I think that takes you back to Michael's suggestion

"If the obj file format is not GNU/FPC compatible and can't be used by
the linker in fpc, " Safenet" might be able to provide a GNU C version
of that file."

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk